Below are the steps I have not only been taught over my 20 years career, but have come to trust for any foam gelatin application.
Anyone who orders foam gelatin prosthetics for The FX Store will receive this complimentary step by step instruction sheet (listed below) with their order as well.
I hope this step by step list will help all makeup artist with their future application!
APPLICATION FOR FOAM GELATIN PROSTHETICS
- Clean skin with a minimum of 91% alcohol
- Apply Pros-Aide to back of prosthetic to seal Foam Gelatin (let dry).
- Apply thin layer of Pros-Aide to center of prosthetic AND to corresponding area of skin (let dry). (You can apply Fixer Spray to the back of the Prosthetic to add an extra layer of protection)
- Fix prosthetic into place on skin. Finish gluing the prosthetic to skin, being sure to glue entire appliance down completely to the edge of flashing, leaving no air bubbles under prosthetic.
- Use Witch Hazel and a small brush to remove flashing.
- Use a minimum of 91% alcohol to lightly brush over areas where Witch Hazel was used.
- Stipple a layer of Pros-Aide over edge of prosthetic where it is glued to the skin.
- Powder the prosthetic with a light coating of Translucent Powder or Baby Powder.
- Color prosthetic using AA makeups for optimum realism.
USE BOND-OFF TO REMOVE THE PROSTHETIC. CLEAN THE SKIN WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF A MINIMUM OF 91% ALCOHOL ON A BABY WIPE. WASH SKIN WITH WARM SOAPY WATER WHEN REMOVAL IS COMPLETE. USE A MOISTURIZER WHEN COMPLETE TO KEEP THE SKIN HYDRATED AND READY FOR THE NEXT APPLICATION.